Archbishop Powathil Assumption Community College (APACC)
Archbishop Powathil Assumption Community College (APACC) is an extension wing of Assumption College, Changanassery and is the means through which assumption college reaches out to the specific needs of the community. It is designed in accordance with the policy adopted and recommended by the National Policy of Education(NPE) and UGC with a view to find a remedy for the lack of social commitment in higher education and to generate employability in the unreached sector of the community. APACC is registered under Madras Centre for Research and Development of Community Education [MCRDCE] Chennai- the Co-ordinating Agency of all Community Colleges in India
Director : Rev. Dr Thomas Joseph Parathara
(Vice Principal & Bursar, Assumption College)
Co-ordinator : Sr Mary Ann CMC
Boutique in charge : Ms Ann Mary
Incubation Centre (Consultant) : Dr Rani Maria Thomas
Women empowerment through education and employment, to improve the quality of the society.
An enlightened world of equity and equality based on Christian ideals and moral values.
1 To extend the benefits of education to the less privileged women of the locality.
2 To align education with employment.
3 To provide job oriented courses responding to local needs in consultation with the industry.
4 To enhance the employability of the educated unemployed women
5 To impart Life Skills and Communication Skills along with work skills.
6 To document data of all women-related issues.
PROGRAMMES UNDER APACC (NGO Community College)
1 Courses under Continuing Education (Govt of Kerala)
- Diploma in Office Administration and Secretarial Practice (DTP, ISM, Tally, MS Office)
- Diploma in Fashion Designing (Textile Science, Fashion Illustration, Jewellery Designing, Pattern Making, Jewellery Making, Fabric Painting, Flower Making)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism
2 Courses for House Wives
- Certificate courses in Embroidery Works
- Certificate courses in Jewellery Making
- Certificate courses in Cutting, Stitching and Different types of paintings
3 One Day Programme for Home Makers
4 Service offered through Akshaya Centre
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (APL/BPL)
- Malayalam Computing
- e-payment (Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill)
- e-literacy Programme
- Online Application
5 Programmes – KELTRON
- Professional Diploma in Medical Transcription (No Age bar, Educational Qualification: +2)
- Communication Skill Development Programme (10-Days)
- M S Office (1.5 months)
- Elementary English Grammar (10 days)
- Job Interview Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Essential Soft Skills
6 Day Care : Timing 8.30 a.m – 5.30 p.m
7 Training Programmes
- Coaching classes for PSC Examinations
- Mushroom cultivation and Spawn production.
- Horticultural Practices
- Eco-friendly Agricultural Practices
8 Short term computer programmes
- Computer fundamentals, MS-Office (Complete), Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Internet, Tally + Basic Accountancy, Tally, DTP (Complete), Photoshop, ISM, Photoshop & PageMaker, C & C++ Basic, C++ Advanced Only, Java
9 Assumtion Business Incubation Centre
10 Assumption Fashion Boutique
11 Other Services
- Classes in Tailoring, Glass Painting, Curtain making etc for students of Assumption on Saturdays.
- Women centred Awareness programme (Locality based)
- Exhibition cum sale programme
UGC Community College
Co-ordinator : Sr Mary Ann CMC
- Diploma Course in Textile and Garment Designing
SAP International Certification Courses
- ERP & Finance
Job Oriented Courses (NABARD)