Peace Club provides a platform where students of the college can learn skills, exchange experiences, teach others and apply the knowledge of peace in their everyday life. It aims to provide a framework that promotes learning about peace and gaining skills to deal with conflict and then putting those elements together to find ways to take action to make the world a better place. It is an opportunity for students to turn their commitment into action.
Vision: Promotion of Cultural Diversity, Social Commitment and Peaceful Co-existence in Society
Mission: To build peaceful relationships among people of all ages and cultures – from personal to global levels – through education and action
Values: In pursuing this mission we are committed to honour human dignity, human rights and the peaceful resolution of conflicts and generate peace-making values among the students
- Provide a strong platform for educational, community and international activities related to promotion of peace
- Harness commitment and expertise for respecting the vulnerable groups of the society
- To inculcate an attitude to work for peace, disarmament and social justice
- Encouraging partnership programmes with others working for peace
- To promote the development of interpersonal skills for handling relationships and conflict constructively
Membership Rules & Regulations
- UG/PG Student of any stream of Assumption College
- Membership Fee Rs.10/- per year
- Membership will be renewed every year
- Certificates will be issued yearly
- Commitment and active participation is mandatory
Quiz competition by Peace and Quiz club on 15 Nov,2019. Quiz master- Fr. Joseph Benedict.
Invited Talk- Cultural Transformations from Violence to Nonviolence by Rev.Dr.Scaria Kalloor, Founder, Peace and Harmony Foundation, Kannur
The Peace Club was inaugurated under the leadership of Department of History on 12/07/2018 at Powathil Hall, Assumption College Autonomous, Changanassery. On the same day an Expert Lecture was organised on Peace Initiatives by Government and Nongovernment Institutions in Contemporary India and handled by Dr.Jene Peter, Assistant Professor, UnionChristian College, the Director of Centre for Peace Studies and Dialogue, Aluva. 36 students of the college took the Membership of Peace Club. Students performed a Tableau on Youth and Peace.A Poster Competition was organised on Youth and Peace in the Month of September 2018. 13 students participated and the Posters were displayed in the Indoor Stadium. In the month of December a Slogan Competition was organised on Peace. 11 Students took part in the competition. In January a Collage Making Competition was conducted on Communal Harmony. 9 students participated in the programme and the Collages were displayed.
|The Peace Club was inaugurated under the leadership of Department of History on 12/07/2018|
Tableau on Youth and Peace
Collage Making Competition on Communal Harmony