Under the guidance of Dr Jesly Jacob, Ms Wincy Abraham & Ms Rose Maria Regy the quiz club commenced its activites of the year by a meeting which elected its office bearers.
Presedant : Ms Adhya Kurup , I DC History
Secretary: Ms Merin K Thomas, II DC Physics
- Fr Cherian Parampath memorial all Kerala inter collegiate quiz competition was held on September 25th 2018. Aksar Ali and Abin Jolly of Newman College, Thodupuzha, won the first cash prize of Rs 3000/- and ever rolling trophy. Albin Binoy and Gokul NS of Mar Ivanios College, Trivandrum bagged the second cash prize of Rs 2000/-
- Intra collegiate general quiz competition was held on September 6th 2018. Prize winners are Ashmin A And Aiswarya Lakshmi.
The activities of the College Club took off a new start. Dr Jesly Jacob and Ms Linda P Joseph are the coordinators of AssumptionQuiz club in the year 2017-18. The various activities conducted during this academic year:
INTER- COLLEGIATE ACTIVITIE
- All Kerala Intercollegiate Quiz GENIUZ and was conducted on March 10,2016.This year we started an all Kerala Intercollegiate quiz GENIUZ. It was conducted on March 10, 2016. Mr. Nithin Varghese of SB College, Changanacherry was the quiz master.
- The Quiz Team comprising Ms. Silpa K.S. and MsKrishnapriya participated in the following Inter-Collegiate quizzes:
- Quiz at Marthoma College of Engineering and Technology on 06.08.2015 (Won I PRIZE)
- General Quiz at Saintgits College of Engineering and Technology on 05.11.2015
- All-Kerala Quiz for College students conducted by Lions Club and Asianet on 11.12.2015(Selected for Next Level)
- The team successfully reached till the semifinal held at the Royal Vision Shoot Floor, Ernakulam on 11.12.2015-13.12.2015.
- Participated in the All Kerala Intercollegiate Bishop Vayalil Memorial Quiz at Alphonsa College, Palai on 08.01.2016
- Quiz organised by YMCA, Thiruvalla on 06.02.2016 (Second Prize)
INTRA- COLLEGIATE ACTIVITIES
- Jesly Jacob of the Department of Physics, the present Coordinator of the Club, presided over the meeting, where the year-plan was charted out.
Minutes of the meeting:
- Inter-departmental quizzes based on General Knowledge
- Intra-departmental quizzes based on the subjects of the respective departments
- Participation and organization to be helmed b the members of the club
- Selection of the Student Coordinator- Ms. Betsy Thomas (Department of English)
- Extending membership of quiz club to new members
II. In the follow-up of this meeting, we discussed about our set goals and added improvements on suggestions from the members.
Minutes of the meeting:
- Selection of student leaders from each department
- Physics – Ms. Santy Thomas
- English Literature – Ms. LavinaShaji
- BACE – Ms. Anoopa Sabu
- B.Com. – Ms. Agnus
- Economics – Ms. Krishnapriya
- Zoology – Ms. Feba Shaji
- Chemistry – Ms. Anjana G Nair
- Botany – Ms. Aleena
- Decision to conduct a Model General Quiz
III. The Model-General Quiz was conducted on 8 October, 2015. It was met with enthusiastic response from the students of the college. The Quiz programme was inaugurated by Dr. Jesly Jacob (Dept. of Physics), who motivated the students to put in their best and enlightened us with the importance of conducting such quizzes.
The Quiz Masters for the day were:
- Silpa K.S (Dept. of English)
- Krishnapriya (Dept. Of Economics)
The quiz was organized on two levels:
- The Preliminary Round
About 68 students participated in the first round. After a round of 15 questions, 5 students were selected.
- The Final Round
It was further divided into five rounds-
- Pass it
- Common Factor
- Reveal the Identity
- Risk + Bounce
- Rapid Fire
The names of the final contestants:
- Santy Thomas (Physics)
- Anjana G. Nair (Chemistry)
- Meenu Jacob (History)
- Anupama Sunil John (History)
- Olivit Susan Jacob (English)
The Quiz came to a satisfying conclusion. Ms. Santy Thomas of the Department of Physics was declared as the winner of the quiz with 110 points.
IV. The selection for the team to represent the college in the Voter’s Day Quiz conducted by the District Collectorate, Kottayam was held on 18 January, 2016 The programme was met with excellent response from students from different courses of the college. MsRosamma Jacob of the Department of Political Science was the quiz master. The selection was done on the basis of a written test consisting of 20 questions. MsSanty Thomas (II DC Physics) and MsKrishnapriya S. (II DC Economics) scored the highest points.
V. Intracollegiate General Quiz for students was conducted on 1 March,2016. Ms. Sandra Juliet Jose, Assumption College was the quizmaster. The winners represented the college in the Intercollegiate Quiz GENIUZ 2K16.